Skilled Labour Services rang in 2018 with big plans for the business, all focused on growth and ensuring we maintain our position as the leading specialist groundworks and gang supplier in the civil engineering and construction sector.
Three months in, and we look back on how the business has performed in the first quarter of the year and highlight the facts and figures, which have helped contribute to what has been our busiest ever quarter in the 7 year history of the business.
Quarter 1 2018 – Facts and figures
- It’s been a record turnover for Quarter 1 for the business, in fact, we have exceeded forecasts.
- Skilled Labour Services has worked for 15 of the leading building contractors in the South.
- The business has supplied labour to approximately 40 sites across the South coast, from Brighton to Bournemouth, and Salisbury to Crawley, and up to Reading.
- We have sourced and supplied around 100 operatives to sites including ground workers, shuttering carpenters, labourers and plant operators.
- Our sub-contractors have worked a total 22,650 hours.
- Work remains varied, with civil engineering operatives working on wide range of construction projects including; new residential housing sites, sea defence schemes, army accommodation, highways
and business offices.
- Our fleet of vehicles has driven a total of 55000 miles to and from sites, which is the equivalent of driving from London to New York almost 16 times.
Despite 2017 threatening doom and gloom for the construction industry for 2018, the economy appears to remain steady for the remainder of the year. Together with the hard work of our team and all those who work for us, we look forward to continuing the record turnover for the rest of the year.